For My Husband

This is a card I made for my husband for Father's Day.  He's been a wonderful husband.  In fact, we had our 35th wedding anniversary last month.  

I had a difficult time with this card as well as all my cards lately.  I don't know what is happening to the creative process, but I feel like my mojo has got up and left.  I know I have felt like this before and got over it.  I was really hoping that being off for the summer and having so much time for myself would be great, instead I feel like I can't do anything right when it comes to the creative process.  Nothing is coming out as I planned. 

Maybe, I need that rush, rush, get it done now.  Seems I work better under pressure.

Anyway, this card was done with a stamp I just purchased on Ebay.  It's by Stampa Rosa.  It's quite a large stamp.  Most of the eagle stamps I found were much smaller and I figured they would be more difficult to color and give detail to.   According to pictures I studied, the eagle actually should be much darker, but I did one darker and it hid all the stamp details.  I colored him with Copics on watercolor paper.  I think I will try another one with distressed inks and see how it comes out.

I'm going to a friend's Stampin' Up party today.  I think I will get some stamps that are just fun, silly images.  That should help brighten things up a bit!



2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love your clouds. Your husband is going to love this card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly awesome. You did those clouds? Looks like your Mojo is just fine.
    I was told never to use Copics on watercolor paper, as it uses all the ink.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...